I would have been killed if not for the GSU who protected me - Ledama

I would have been killed if not for the GSU who protected me - Ledama


Ledama Ole Kina


Narok county senator Ledama Ole Kina has accused the allies of president-elect William Ruto of attacking him.


On Monday, a video showing the politician trying to escape the Bomas hall while the crowd appeared to attack him with punches and kicks was circulated on social media.


Ledama has now claimed that those who attacked him are Ruto's supporters, most of whom are elected members of parliament.


"I was brutally attacked by supporters of William Ruto, most of them elected MPs in the Bomas of Kenya shouting kill! kill!. GSU protected me otherwise I would have been killed," Ledama said through his Twitter page.


The senator who was elected for a second term, however, did not give more details or hide anyone involved.


He expressed sincere thanks to the police department for their assistance and to all who took the initiative to inform him of the situation.


"Thank you @NPSOfficial_KE I appreciate everyone who has called to check on me!" He said.


In a video distributed earlier this week, Ledama, who is among the politicians who had gathered in Bomas to monitor the results of the presidency, was seen being attacked by unknown people.


Speaking to journalists after the attacks, Ledama claimed that his big body helped him to cut through the dangerous area.


"He sent thugs and GSU to attack us. I am lucky because I am big, otherwise they would have beaten  me. This country is bigger than money. We will not allow anything bad to happen here," he said.


IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati said two commission commissioners were injured in the violence.


On Wednesday, Chebukati said the incident has affected the commissioners and led to the postponement of elections in areas where voting did not take place.


"This has created fear for the workers who are now unable to report to the office for work," Chebukati said.


"We call for the arrest and prosecution of these invaders regardless of their political ideology," he added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form