The father of a Canadian nurse who drowned finally speaks

The father of a Canadian nurse who drowned finally speaks

The father of a Canadian nurse who drowned finally speaks


The father of a Kenyan nurse, Hellen Wendy Kemunto, who drowned in a swimming pool in Canada on Thursday night has finally come forward to talk about the death of his daughter.


John Nyabuto has revealed that Miss Helen, 24, was the first child in his family of six children and was his greatest support.


He has said that he struggled to educate Hellen along with her five siblings because he did not have much income and depended only on agriculture.


"She couldn't go to university. She started doing a small business. She carried on until she had a dream of going abroad. I saw it as a dream because I don't have any relatives or friends to help her," Mr Nyabuto told niews254.


He noted that he took a loan so that his daughter could make a trip to Canada as it was her dream.


Hellen moved to the United States in 2018 and started working as well as attending nursing classes.


'Now she was doing a Diploma in Nursing. When she was not at school, she was working as a laborer, earning a little money and getting tuition. I even told her that whatever little she earns, she should remember the other children here. She used to earn a small salary, send me some money, which helped pay her siblings tuition and other things," he said.


Nyabuto said that eventually Hellen became his main bread winner and his other children when she started to get better.


He said he could not believe it when he received the news of her death on Friday morning.


"I was checking WhatsApp to see if my child was doing well. That's when I got the news that there is bad news from her friend overseas,"


Speaking to SirVick TV, Mr Nyabuto revealed that he suddenly saw darkness and burst into tears after being informed of what had happened to his daughter. Other family members and neighbors also joined him in grieving after getting the sad news.


Nyabuto said he has already accepted that he has lost his daughter and asked for help so that the body of the deceased can be brought to Kenya for burial.


'Even at night I did not sleep, I was thinking how the body will reach here for me to bury. That's the problem I'm having. I don't know what the cost will be. I can't help myself. My brothers also cannot help themselves, there is a brother of mine who also passed away," he said.


Hellen died on Thursday night, about ten minutes after he started broadcasting the live show on Facebook.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form