Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Classic Header

{fbt_classic_header}

Header Ad

//

Breaking News:

latest

How Senator Mungatana was defrauded of 76 million shillings

How Senator Mungatana was defrauded of 76 million shillings Tana River Senator Danson Buya Mungatana has explained in detail how 'wash&#...

How Senator Mungatana was defrauded of 76 million shillings

How Senator Mungatana was defrauded of 76 million shillings


Tana River Senator Danson Buya Mungatana has explained in detail how 'wash' organizations robbed him of Sh76 million.


During the hearing at the Nairobi court on Thursday, Mungatana told the court that his late wife died without knowing the truth about their house in Karen, which was part of his lost property.


In the case, Abdoulaye Tamba Kouro allegedly pretended that he would help Mungatana to invest the money.


Explaining the misery of how he was defrauded, Mungatana claimed that he trusted the accused for the first time after giving his money and receiving the money twice.


He told the court that he first gave Ksh.500,000 to Kouro and was given Ksh. 1 million


The second time, Mungatana said he gave Ksh.5 million and was given Ksh.10 million.


"I was very happy when I was told there is another opportunity to invest. He asked me if I have money and I told him no, he asked me to find money, he said the opportunity is about Ksh. 5 million," said Mungatana.


I looked for money from friends and relatives, he had said that I would be paid twice the money and after six months the suspect, true to his words, he returned 10 million shillings to me. And all these transactions were in cash." Mungatana narrated


The third time, however, he withdrew his money and Kouro disappeared.


“I never suspected it would go wrong because the defendant encourages you so boldly.


When you go to his place you will see many cars of his house being serviced with Wealth and men looking at him, he is treated like a king and he will never think that anything will go wrong.


I believed him and started looking for the money.


I sold the assets that were in my name, I sold the stocks that were in my name and the name of my late wife, we had cars with notebooks and we went to the bank, and your honor we took short-term loans."


He added and said that;


"I had a house in Karen with seven rooms and when I was a member of parliament it was the biggest investment I made was Ksh. 70 million and I took a mortgage.


I lost everything. After I borrowed all the wealth I had collected and every time I sold I converted it to dollars and sent the person cash. He made fun of my own savings." complained Mungatana


Mungatana asked the court judge to convict the accused and it should be a lesson to other criminals.

No comments